- Clotworthy A., Kusumastuti, S., and Westendorp, R.G.J. (due Jan 2021). “Reablement through time and space: a scoping review of how the concept of ‘reablement’ has been defined and operationalised” in BMC Geriatrics XX(X): xx–xx. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12877-020-01958-1
- Clotworthy, A. 2020. Empowering the elderly? How ‘help to self-help’ interventions shape ageing and eldercare in Denmark. Aging Studies series; Bielefeld, Germany: [transcript] Press; 265 pages.
- Clotworthy, A. 2020. “’Train yourself free’: How elderly citizens exercise freedom of choice in the Danish state” in J. Sokolovsky (ed.), The Cultural Context of Aging: Worldwide Perspectives. 4th edition; Santa Barbara, Calif., USA: Praeger, ABC-CLIO, LLC; p. 608–
- Clotworthy, A. 2020. ”’Hjemmearbejde’: hvordan hverdagsrehabilitation i hjemmet påvirker ældre borgere” [“‘Homework’: how everyday rehabilitation in the home affects older citizens”]. In Glasdam, S. and Jacobsen, F.F., editors, Gerontologi: når det aldrende menneske bliver sygt eller svækket [Gerontology – when the ageing person becomes sick or weakened]. Copenhagen, Denmark: Gads Forlag; p. 91–
- Clotworthy, A. 2019. ”Fælles beslutninger i hverdagsrehabilitering: En social form for ældrepleje?” [“Shared decisions in everyday rehabilitation: a social form of eldercare?”] in Gerontologi [Danish Journal of Gerontology] 35(1): p. 22–
- Clotworthy A. 2018. ”’Hjemmearbejde’: hvordan hverdagsrehabilitation i hjemmet påvirker ældre borgere” [“‘Homework’: how everyday rehabilitation in the home affects older citizens”]. In Glasdam, S. and Jacobsen, F.F., editors, Gerontologi – ældre menneskers liv [Gerontology – older people’s lives]. Copenhagen, Denmark: Gads Forlag; p. 407–
- Clotworthy A. 2017. “Empowering the elderly? A qualitative study of municipal home-health visits and everyday rehabilitation”. Ph.D. dissertation; University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Humanities; 222 pages.
- Clotworthy A. 2017. “Empowering the elderly ‘whole person’: a cultural analysis of the relational practices within a municipal home-health visit”. In Endter, C. and Kienitz, S., editors, Alter(n) als soziale und kulturelle Praxis: Ordnungen – Beziehungen – Materialitäten [Age(ing) as a social and cultural practice: patterns, relationships, materialities]. Bielefeld, Germany: [transcript] Press; p. 179–199.
- The Age of Ageing – 25th Nordic Congress of Gerontology; Reykjavik, Iceland June 2021. “Providing ‘unhelpful help’ in reablement: a new approach to
helping people help themselves”
- Et menneske, et liv – den 12. nationale rehabiliteringskonference [One person, one life –the 12th national rehabilitation conference]; Aarhus, Denmark Sept 2019 KEYNOTE: “Forhandlinger, anerkendelse og samarbejde: fokus på ’det hele menneske’ i rehabilitering” [“Negotiation, recognition, and cooperation: focus on ‘the whole person’ in rehabilitation”]
- Transforming Care – 4th Annual Conference; Copenhagen June 2019. “Caring humans: how reablement programmes transform the care relationship” (Thematic Panel no.3 – Reablement as a mechanism for sustainability and active long-term care)
- Staying, Moving, Settling – 15th Biennial Conference of the European Society of Aug 2018 Social Anthropologists (EASA); Stockholm, Sweden PAPER: “Home security: unsettling/re-settling the home to support ageing in place”
- Good Ageing, Better Society – 23rd Nordic Congress of Gerontology; Tampere, Finland June 2016. “Empowering the elderly: the role of kinship relations in a municipal home-health visit”
- Intersections – 76th Annual Meeting of the Society for Applied Anthropology; Mar/Apr 2016 Vancouver, Canada. “Negotiating the ‘shared responsibility’ between citizens and the state
during a municipal home-health visit”
- CO-conference – co-productions, collaborations, contestations coming together in Copenhagen – 33rd Nordic Ethnology and Folklore Conference; Copenhagen Aug 2015. “The ‘whole person’: how a ‘co-body’ is produced through a new dialectic of inclusion”
- Ageing in Relations: Patterns, Practices, Materiality – Ethnology and Folklore Feb 2015 Conference (ENAS network); Hamburg, Germany. “Empowering a community: exploring health promotion initiatives and elderly citizens’ everyday practices of health in a Danish municipality”